Friday, February 21, 2020

Memorial or Marriage Feast ?

I received a letter containing various questions.
My response will follow after the letter.

LETTER RECEIVED AND QUESTIONS:


I have only recently stumbled upon your blog via an individual who made a comment on a Youtube video regarding JWs.  I was raised as a JW, experiencing a very depressing and emotionally abusive childhood.  After I married and when my two children were in their teens, I left the Watchtower in 2004, not disfellowshipped nor disassociated myself, just faded away…being very depressed and anxious all my life, and simply exhausted.  It took many, many years to clear my head.  I had always known in my heart that God could not treat his people in the manner in which Watchtower had treated their members – to me, it was not loving, and demanded works (field service time) and blind obedience to man to gain God’s acceptance.  I loved Jesus, always talked about him with others yet in the light of how I was raised as a JW.  But, reflecting on his love for those who professed faith in him, could not reconcile how to love him since the “governing body” has always stressed not giving him too much attention.  Last year, after my mother was trying to tell me to “come back (to the organization)” I flatly told her I am not because “no man is coming in between me and my God and his son Jesus.”  She was at a loss for words.  My mother became a JW in 1970 right before I was born, and is heavily indoctrinated still.  I feel much more at peace than I ever have, and at this point, only feel sorry for my mother who has been blinded by teachings of man. 

While I have been focusing for many years on just talking to others informally about the love Jesus has for us, It has recently bothered me that I cannot elaborate further other than his loving acts.  More spiritual meat is what I’ve been hungering.  Lately, I’ve made concerted effort for better understanding.  Many months ago, I began watching John Cedars (Lloyd Evans) videos that sounded very objective and to me, didn’t shout “apostate.”  After some time, I looked for more spiritual food as Lloyd is an athiest (he doesn’t promote that belief to his listeners, but he doesn’t offer insight into the bible).  I stumbled upon Eric Wilson, a former JW who also goes under the pseudonym, Meleti Vivlon.  His explanations were logical and sounded inspired by holy spirit, letting the scriptures interpret themselves, clarifying scripture instead of what I was accustomed to from Watchtower who cherry picked scriptures to align with their doctrine.  He has not made a video on details of Revelation.

I do not recall which of the Youtube videos I was reading comments under, but under one a commenter gave the link to one of your blogs.  Over this past week, I have read and reread your explanation about the book of Revelation. I was stopped in my tracks. I knew that YHWH has lifted the scales from my eyes. Everything makes sense more than all the “adjustments” the Watchtower has made on scripture.  Excuse me as I try to address God by his Hebrew name now, as I don’t want to be associated with JWs who have smeared his reputation now with their history of lies and current child abuse scandals that will not be lost in history. 

So, to cut a long story short, I want to honor my savior this memorial (I have gone every year to the JW memorial despite my fading away so that I can show my respect), but am unclear how to go about that.  My conscience now that I have been enlightened, is preventing me from feeling comfortable in attending the memorial at a kingdom hall, or celebrate it in the way that JWs do.  Eric Wilson explained that Jesus commanded all his followers to partake of the wine and bread however, I must admit, I am unsure whether that is appropriate for me.  I only know I have love for Jesus and want to honor him the way he directed, leaving it in his hands what he has in mind for me.  Essentially, I cannot say I am “anointed” in the sense that the Watchtower teaches. 

I look forward to hearing from you, and whatever guidance you might be able to give according to scripture.  I certainly would not be offended if you are not comfortable with my attempt to join on Skype, but I only ask that the spirit guides you in giving me direction on how to commemorate his death appropriately. 

By the way, I didn’t know you were on Facebook, but I’ve been so busy this past month listening to multiple sources via Youtube and Podcasts (Eric Wilson, Watchtower Examination, EXJW Analyzer) and now reading your blog that I haven’t spent much time on that platform to even think of looking for you there.

Thank you kindly!
Anonymous
----------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------

MY REPLY:
I will try to respond adequately to all the issues you bring up, and will include links to material I have already written in order to provide you with scriptures that will be relevant. Please take your time with what I write below, and be sure to consider the scriptures cited. I suggest examining this in sections, so that the scriptures can be thoroughly considered.

I am sorry to learn of your trying childhood. I don't know what it's like being raised as a JW (other than the life which my own children had), but I too had a childhood tainted by abuse and neglect. My father was agnostic, and my mother, Catholic. I went to Catholic school straight through to high school. That too was very restrictive and abusive. At home, there was physical, emotional, and sexual abuse. So this sad circumstance, is not unique to JWs.
I feel that my connection to Jesus and consistent prayer, got me through it. It is good to learn that the spiritual abuse we suffered under the arm of the WT, did not cause you to lose faith in God and Christ. So many end up faithless. It makes no sense to blame God for the evil men do, especially when Jesus warned us of this very scenario.

I can relate to your fading due to sheer exhaustion and the sense of futility of the grinding routine. We were so brainwashed into thinking that it is the path to eternal life, when it is just a diversion, to keep us preoccupied with empty provisions and a sense that we can never really measure up. When we are made to feel so inferior, the natural conclusion is that those who lay out the routine, must be better than us. Why then, would we ever examine them in a critical light? The psychology of this tactic, is powerfully effective.

Yes, the contrast between the love of God and the image of Him which the "Watchtower" portrays, is huge. That image as a merciless destroyer of life is crucial to their doctrine about Armageddon, their spiritual superiority and condition of privileged peace and security with God, and their interpretation of Revelation. All three concepts, must rest upon the idea that God and Jesus are the merciless Destroyers.
The organization would have no basis to exist, unless Revelation is interpreted the JW way. If you progress in your studies at the Blog; you will see that I believe that Satan supports the assertions of the WT, and uses his authority over the world, to give their doctrine and false interpretation of prophecy, credence. In other words, WT needs a whipping boy. They need the existence of false religion in order to misapply the identity of the harlots. They need the League of Nations in order to misapply the identity of the Beast... and the U.N., in order to misapply the identity of the Image of the Beast. 
If it seems too fantastic an idea to think that Satan would be involved in the formation and substantiation of Watchtower doctrine; we need to reconsider that since his release from the abyss, his objective is to take captive into deception (2Cor. 11:3-4; Rev.2:20; Col.2:8; Rev.13:10; Luke 21:24; Rev.11:2; Dan.8:10-12), the remaining ones of the woman's seed with which he is at spiritual war (Rev.12:15,17) (https://4womaninthewilderness.blogspot.com/2012/12/earth-swallows-satans-river-rev1216.html). 
His very existence and continuation of authority and power over the world (1John 5:19;  2Cor. 4:4; Mark 4:12;  2Thess. 2:9-12; Rev.12:9; 20:7-8; etc.), 
....depends upon his ability to delay the Kingdom of God, and it's members becoming equipped to battle against him (2Cor. 10:3-5; Rev.16:13-16; 17:14; 19:14; Eph.2:6; 6:12).
You will be able to learn about the details of all this, along with the scriptures, if you persist in your learning through the Blog.

Veiled JWs cannot imagine a relationship with God without the GB, WT, and "elders". The scriptures that refer to God's spiritual Temple and it's priesthood, are misapplied to the organization. Jesus did say, that he appoints a steward over his household to provide the right food at the right time (Luke 12:42-44). 
What JWs forget, is that there is an option for a wicked steward to also exist, and that Jesus opens his depiction of both sorts, in question form (Luke 12:42;  1John 4:1). 
We are being directed to question who fulfills that identity, rather then letting others tell us who they are (Matt.24:23-26;  2Thess. 2:9-12;  1Tim. 4:1; Rev.16:14-15).
So there is a place for the priests of God, to provide spiritual sustenance to God's household (1Pet. 2:5; Mal.2:7;  1Cor. 4:1). 
They can either be faithful, or not. But Jesus has given ample warning about those who are proving unfaithful. JWs fail to recognize that identity, because they have been mislead into believing that it is impossible for their own leadership to fulfill it. They have fallen for the powerful deception, that the WT is God's spirit-directed organization and earthly extension of Mount Zion... rather than the anointed priesthood 
(https://4womaninthewilderness.blogspot.com/2013/02/YHVHs-genuine-mountain.html). 
We are seeing the fulfillment of, "the disgusting thing standing in the holy place" (Matt.24:15-16; Mark 13:14). 
Jesus said, "let the reader use discernment". Yes, we need spiritual perception, in order to recognize this "abomination of desolation".

Those who I gather with, have also abandoned the name "Jehovah". It was never God's name, which is admitted by the WT. Our reasons for not using that name will become clear to you, if you read the blog posts about that. Here is one to start, if you are interested:

Your next mention, is concerning the memorial. You ask for my perspective on how you might honor the occasion. You say that Eric Wilson teaches, that Jesus commanded all his followers to partake. I believe that this is a great error, and I will partially explain now, why.
Only out of context from the rest of the scriptures, can one form that conclusion. If we only look at Jesus saying, "Take... eat... this means my body", would we assume that he is telling all his followers to partake.
I would like to use an illustration at this point.
If we had a recording of a couple having dinner on the night that the man made a marriage proposal, and heard the bridegroom say... "Please marry me"... would we assume that he loved all who listened to the tape and that he was asking all hearers, to marry him? 
No, of course not. 
We have to look at who Jesus was speaking to that night, and who was present to hear him say his original words. Were all his disciples, there at the first Memorial? No, they were not. Jesus had multitudes that were following him. Upon his entrance into Jerusalem that week, a large crowd in Jerusalem was hailing him as their king (Matt.21:1-4,5-9; John 12:12-15,16-19; 12:42).

The only ones that were at this intimate event, were the ones chosen by Jesus (John 6:70; 13:1,18; Mark 14:16-18; Matt.26:20)
Here is a link that will help you to learn more about who should partake:
It contains other links for more information. There are dozens of posts on the subject.

If Jesus meant to make the marriage covenant with all his disciples (Heb.12:24; Luke 22:20; Eph.5:25; Rev.21:2), and have them share in the emblems of the promise, he certainly could have included them (Mark 6:34-37,38-41,42-44).
He didn't. 
Eph.5 reads 
"23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless."

(Col.1:22;  2Pet. 3:14; Rev.21:2; 19:7-8; 14:5; 6:9-11; 19:8)

Mr. Wilson may believe that his conclusion about who should partake is soundly based upon scripture, but it is out of context. There is a bride of promise belonging to Jesus. That Bride is not the only identity that can hear, obey, and gain life through Jesus Christ (Rev.22:17). 
The difference, is the means by which life is gained. Children receive life from their parents. To get that life, they do not need to be, the eternal parents themselves (Isa.9:6; Gal.4:26; Rev.21:2-3).
Again, if you keep learning, a full Biblical understanding of these things will be gained by you.
As you say, "being anointed, in the sense that the WT teaches"... is not what matters, because being anointed in the sense that the WT teaches, is error.  The WT understands that calling, as being a desire to go to heaven. That is so wrong, from many angles.
What matters, is being anointed in the sense that scriptures teach.

For what purpose, did God cause anointing to occur? 
Was it not to designate to his people and to the one being anointed, who among his nation he chose to be a priest or king? Those who received such an anointing, were well aware of the event that installed them to fulfill their God-assigned position. 
Experiencing that powerful spirit testimony of God's installation, has nothing to do with the future one desires for themselves, which belief is based upon the ignorant doctrine that the heirs of the earth, are banned from it. 
Neither is the genuine anointing concluded upon a baseless assumption, that we are all priests and kings, all anointed, and all partakers.

The WT depicts the heirs with Christ, as legless, bearded, Caucasian, male clones, all sitting on literal thrones above the clouds, consigned forever to observe from above, others enjoying the earth. 
The Bible makes clear that this depiction, is false 
(Rev.5:10; Rev.21:2; Dan.2:35; Zech.12:3; Isa.2:1-3; Ps.45:16; Gen.28:13-14; Gal.3:29)(Gen.28:14; Rev.22:2)[Zech.12:3; Rev.11:5; 20:9 (Eph.2:6; Rev.12:5; 2:26-27)].
(Heb.1:6; Acts 3:21) 

For more info. on this: https://pearl-holycity.blogspot.com)

So then... how do those not anointed "commemorate his death appropriately"?
I will give you a link to a similar question that was asked. 
But I will also say some important things, not mentioned at that link...
At Matthew chapter 22, verses 1-10, Jesus used an illustration of a marriage feast. 
Click here to read in new window:

Revelation speaks of this feast, and those who are invited to it (Rev.19:7,9)
Note that at Matt.22:9... those invited are those "leaving the city" (Rev.17:18; 18:4). 

Those who disobey Jesus command to flee the city....
 (Luke 21:21-22; 17:26-29,30-33,34-37; Rev.11:8,3; 12:6,14; Luke17:37) 
          (See link: Eagles or Vultures)
.....after the "abomination of desolation" is present, are not invited to that marriage feast.

So what is my point, regarding respect for the Memorial promise and covenant, which Jesus made that night to those he had chosen?

If we really respect that relationship between Jesus and his bride... would we not want to attend the wedding reception, when that promise is finally being realized? 
Clearly, those invited and who choose to attend, are not the Bride herself. Yet at that reception, the Bride herself and those who recognize her, are offering what is provided at that feast (Rev.22:17; Matt.22:9-10; 19:9)

Are exiles, now leaving an unfaithful Jerusalem, because they are able to discern the "abomination of desolation"... a "disgusting thing, standing where it does not belong"? Are there those who are capable of hearing what the spirit says to the congregations, having been given the wings of eagles, to feed on those who have been slain? Are those perceptive ones, inviting others to what they have found?
If you now believe or learn that to be so, I hope you will take a hard look at the scriptures which indicate, which supper All may now be participating in...
the promise Jesus made to his bride, or,
the invitation being given, to enjoy the provisions of his promise to her, being fulfilled.

As always, I am here for all who wish. If you have any further need, just write.
(There is a contact form on the right side of this page)
Please make full use of the Blog and it's search box. If there is anything you have trouble finding, just ask.
Regarding our Facebook presence, here is a link to our group:

Love in Christ,
Pearl
ADDITION:


What is the difference between the Memorial supper, and the marriage feast of the Lamb?

In the memorial, Jesus leaves his betrothed bride, but promises to return (John 16:5-6; 14:3).
He tells her what to do while he is gone (Mark 13:34).
When he returns, he then marries the COMPLETED Bride... all those who have been faithful with their assignment, sealed as slaves of God through their death for truth, just as Jesus was (Eph.5:25-27; Rev.21:2,9-11,27; 19:7-8; 6:9-11;  2Pet. 3:14; Rom.6:5; Mark 8:35;  2Cor. 5:15; Rev.6:11).
When all the faithful have been gathered in (Matt.3:12; John 18:9)...
...the Father provides a celebratory feast (Matt.22:2,4; Rev.19:9; Isa.25:6-8; 55:1-2; Rev.22:17) of spiritual food...
...which is the unfurling of the 7 sealed scroll of Revelation (Dan.7:13; Rev.5:7,9; Rev.20:11-12; 22:16,6; 10:7; John 15:26; 16:13; Mal.3:1; Matt.25:6; Heb.13:13; Matt.25:10; Rev.22:16).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share below, your thoughts about this post.

Additional Pages for Study (coming soon)