Saturday, November 14, 2020

Addition to "How to pray"

 Addition to the post: (https://4womaninthewilderness.blogspot.com/2019/10/how-to-pray.html)

as follows:

Dear Pearl,

My question is about prayer and I think I had mentioned it to you before and you sent me to your blog about prayer.

Individuals have been tortured and suffered from the beginning of mankind. I don't believe that is God's will but I think I understand that he can't intervene without it involving Satan. If our prayers are to help people, is it only in a spiritual way?, that you cannot pray just stop what their physical suffering is? I know I hope you understand my question but that's what I'm struggling with if you could direct me to scriptures that could help me understand.

Personally, I have prayed since I was a little girl. I've been through anything you can possibly imagine and finally I think I found truth. But I just don't understand what I should pray for. I believe I'm being tested. What do I need to do? I would appreciate any help you could give me thanks

---- My Reply:

I hope that these scriptures help to fill your need. (2Pet.1:5-8; John15:8,12; Eph.6:18; 5:1-2; Heb.6:10-12; 10:24; 2Thess.1:4; 1John3:23; 2:3-6; 2Cor.7:1) 

Jesus asked for his cup of suffering to be removed. But then he added, "Not as I will, but as you will", meaning that he was willing to accept the testing by Satan that God allowed (Matt.26:39). God allows that testing, so we can prove our integrity and be rewarded (1Pet.4:1; Luke 22:31; James 5:11). We are told of Jesus; "For the joy that was set before him, he endured" suffering (Heb.12:2). Paul too, spoke of a thorn in his flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment him (2Cor.12:7-10). When he asked 3x for that to be removed, he was told, "My undeserved kindness is sufficient for you". In other words, Paul had what he needed to prove faithful. 2Tim.3:12 tells us, that all who devote their life to God, are tested/persecuted. That is why the scriptures I gave you, often mention endurance and perseverance. Jesus is our master and exemplar (1Pet.2:21). We are to walk in his footsteps, in order to receive the crown of life which God gives to all who prove their love for Him (1Pet.5:10; James1:12,4; Luke 21:19).

2 comments:

  1. It is such a test to see others suffer and Satan knows it. It turns so many to blame it on our father. It breaks my heart. It is so unfair when the cause is their own doing or because of imperfection which stems from Satan.
    I'm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, as Rom.8 reads; "19 For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. 20 For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope 21 that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God." --John10:10-- You may enjoy reading https://pearl-allcreation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please share below, your thoughts about this post.

Additional Pages for Study (coming soon)