Friday, May 15, 2020

Blood

Question received:
Can you please direct me to where it says Jesus' Blood shed was God's blood? That God owned Jesus' blood!???
A JW told me that, in the attempt to demote the Son of God and His blood sacrifice! Never heard that in my life. Ty so much!

-  -  -  -  -  -  -
My Reply:

You ask me;
"can you please direct me to where it says Jesus' Blood shed was God's blood?"
....Not sure what you mean by this. Many believe that God and Jesus were the same person, so I am not sure if you are saying that God shed His blood when Jesus did, and you want me to show you that.
Did you want me to show you in the Bible, or in my writings, or was this just a rhetorical question, meant to criticize that belief?
I personally do not have that belief, because the Bible does not teach it. Jesus said; "God is a spirit" (John4:24), so God does not have blood of His own.
But then you add;
"That God owned Jesus' blood!?", seeming to say that this is the same as God having blood. I think that having physical blood, is not really the same, as owning blood.
-
*Did God own the blood of Christ?*

Well, the scriptures that come to my mind, are Lev.17:11; Eze.18:4 NKJV ; John17:10; 10:18. They help to answer the question as to whether God owned the blood of Jesus.

Lev.17:11 : "For the soul of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you upon the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood that makes atonement for the soul, by the soul in the blood.’"
There we learn that the blood of a life, contains it's soul. That is why ...It is the blood that contains the sacrifice of the soul, just as Heb.9:22 reads; "In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.". This is why Deut.12:23,16 reads; "Only be sure not to eat the blood, because the blood is the soul, and you must not eat the soul with the meat. 16 Only you shall not eat the blood; you shall pour it out on the earth like water."
That makes clear, that people do not own blood.
Who does?
-
Next, is Eze.18:4 NKJV : "Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine"
I would think that if all souls belong to God, then the blood that contains the soul, would also belong to God. That's why the scriptures above, tell us that we are not to eat the blood. We are not to consume the soul of another life... because the souls belong to God.
Did God own the soul of Jesus?
At John17:10, Jesus said in prayer to God;
"All that I have, is yours".
At Matt.26:39 Jesus said; "'My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.'"
So when Jesus sacrificed his blood, he was giving it to God. He was doing it for the will of God. I see that as giving God, his blood. Jesus saw God, as being worthy of owning his blood.
-
But God has given to us... our lives, our souls, and our blood.
Even though God owns his entire creation that He made...
How we use our lives, souls, and blood, is up to our free will. That was true of Jesus, because he said;
"No one takes my soul from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father.’" (John10:18).
So,
Jesus got permission from God, to shed his own blood. He used that permission and his free will, to do the will of God.
Does that make the voluntary suffering and death of Jesus, worth less? I don't see that.
-
So, those were the scriptures that came to mind. I hope they help to give you clarity, on the idea of whether or not, God owned the blood of Jesus... and how we also have choices about how we use what God has given us.
-
Next you say; "JW told me that, in the attempt to demote the Son of God and His blood sacrifice!"
I'm guessing you are saying that a JW told you that God owned the blood of Jesus, and that this fact somehow decreases the value of Jesus' sacrifice.
I don't see that as true. I mean... if someone bought you a new car... it was theirs and they gave it to you. What if you saw someone else that needed a car, and you decided to give them the gift you received?
Jesus said that God gave him authority, to use his life in sacrifice for us (John10:18 quoted above).
...So if the person that gave you the car, gave you permission to give it away, and you did.... would that mean that your sacrifice was worthless?
You are giving your new car away to someone who needs it, instead of keeping your new car for yourself. I think that this is a valid sacrifice, and proves your love and kindness. Instead of keeping it for yourself, you let it go to benefit someone else. What Jesus went through for us... his voluntary torture and death... is not diminished, just because he (and we) got our life and our blood, from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share below, your thoughts about this post.

Additional Pages for Study (coming soon)