Thursday, December 4, 2014

The Way of Life

A letter I received

Good morning Pearl, 
I hope you are in good spirit & your aches & pains are not giving you too much trouble.
I wanted to share with you something that happened last night whilst I was in bed asleep. I woke up a few times last night with the same 2 scriptures clearly in my head, I tried to ignore it but as I said I woke up a few times with them. I hadn't read them during the day or anything so they weren't already in my mind plus I couldn't remember what these scriptures said. Anyway when I got up this morning they were still apparent which I thought was strange so I looked them up first thing, they were John 14:4 & John 4:14. I am trying to understand why they were so prominent & seemed to have stuck with me all through the night & until rising this morning. Is there a reason? I guess time will tell.

Warm & loving regards

MY REPLY:

Good morning,
All truths are a part of the whole picture of truth, and every detail of it is in harmony with all other details. This is of course, true of your two scriptures. I assume you sent them to me for my thoughts.
I see these two combined, as providing reassurance. Why?
John4:14 
"but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”
John14:4
"You know the way to the place where I am going.”

Where was Jesus going?
John16:2-6
"They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, the time is coming when anyone who kills you will think they are offering a service to God. 3 They will do such things because they have not known the Father or me. 4 I have told you this, so that when their time comes you will remember that I warned you about them. I did not tell you this from the beginning because I was with you, 5 but now I am going to him who sent me. None of you asks me, ‘Where are you going?’ 6 Rather, you are filled with grief because I have said these things."

  From the last scripture, we learn that Jesus was going to the Father, through death.
  He is also telling his disciples, that they are destined to suffer the same path (Matt.20:22,23; Jer.49:12; Mark8:35), 
  that of persecution by the religious leaders (John15:18; 16:2; Matt.24:9; 10:17,22; 23:34) and a sacrificial   
  death for truth (Matt.26:39; Mal.3:3; Rom.12:1; 6:5; Phil.3:10; Rev.6:9,11; 12:11).
  Yet Jesus was not only going to death,
  he was going to the Father in heaven. Once there, he promises he will send the Holy Spirit to his faithful. 
So when Jesus tells us, "You know the way to the place where I am going."; He tells his brothers, that their goal is to reach the Father in heaven, by means of the path he taught them...
"Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John14:6)
By means of the truth Christ taught, we are washed clean, purified, sanctified, and made holy, without spot (John17:3). What for?
So that we can be brought into the presence of God (Eph.2:6; Col.3:1), who does not look upon any corruption (Hab.1:13; Ps.34:15,16). This occurs while they are still on earth (John6:63; 1John3:6,9; 5:4,18; 2:29; 1Pet.1:23; John1:13; Rom.8:9). Both Christ and the Father make a home inside that one's heart (John14:21,23,2; Rom.8:9; Eph.3:17; 1John2:5,24; Rev.21:3), by having Holy Spirit dwell within each of them (1Cor.6:19; 3:16; 2Cor.6:16). These are then living forever, in spirit (John8:51; 11:26; 5:24).

This brings us to your other scripture.
John4:14
"but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”
Yes, while the spirit of God lives within a heart, and Jesus shows himself (the way, truth, and life) to them,
that person never thirsts again. They do not live in fear of Satanic deceptions, death, persecution, or pain. They are assured (1John3:19) of God's care. Never again do they hunger or thirst (Rev.7:16; 21:6).
Instead, the living waters within them will ever impart life to them, as well as to their hearers.
(John7:38,39; 6:63; 2Cor.3:6,3; Eph.3:7; 4:11,12; Col.1:25,26,27,28,29; 1Tim.1:11,12; Heb.8:6,10,11).
(John13:20; Luke9:48; Matt.10:40,41,42; Prov.25:25; 3John1:4)

So I would say that the bottom line in all this, when taking only those two scriptures, is this...
We need not fear death, when we possess the power of the way to life, both for ourselves, and for others 
(Heb.2:14,15,16; 2Cor.1:10; 1Tim.4:10).
Although these are some thoughts that come to mind, I am sure they are by no means complete, and will grow throughout time through the blessing of God.
LINK TO DIRECTORY OF ARTICLES
LINK TO MAIN HOME-PAGE
LINK TO FORUM

https://translate.google.com/ 
(For making and reading comments in language other than English)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share below, your thoughts about this post.

Additional Pages for Study (coming soon)